Snacking in the Summer is simple for me— I want something cold and something filled with fruit. I’ve always been a fruit lover, but most of my favorites aren’t good until Summertime. So, while we eat fruit year round, we go seriously overboard during the Summer. Y’all know that I love recipes that are quick, easy, and kid-friendly–this one is all of those things! These Frozen Yogurt, Granola, and Fruit Bars is exactly what you and your family will want to snack on all Summer long, and playing around with toppings and mix-ins is super fun! Let everyone pick their favorite ingredients for their bars!
Recipes that don’t require a lot of cutting, heat, etc. are my favorite because Grayson loves being in the kitchen with me. It’s so hard for me to keep him out of the kitchen, but I totally love that he’s so into helping. Typically, we’re in the kitchen making something together at least twice a day. Getting your kids to participate in the kitchen can be beneficial in tons of ways (especially if you have a picky eater). There’s a post coming about that soon.
For our first batch, I made sure to include all of Grayson’s favorite fruits. He is really into strawberries and blueberries right now, and I decided to add some granola (with a touch of honey) for that added crunch, since the bars are so creamy. He loved being able to stir the yogurt, place the fruit, and sprinkle the granola himself. Recipes like these are the easiest to include your younger kids.
- 3 C Greek Yogurt (We used Vanilla)
- 4 TBSP Honey
- 1 1/2 TSP Vanilla
- 1/2 lb Strawberries, washed and sliced
- 1/2 lb Blueberries, washed
- Granola for garnish
- In a medium-large bowl, mix together yogurt, honey, and vanilla
- Using a rubber spatula or spoon, spread the mixture evenly onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. (The parchment paper makes it super easy to remove and cut the bars when they’re done).
- Top with all of your favorite goodies
- Freeze overnight, and either cut or just break into pieces.
(These bars can be made up to two months in advance and frozen).
Alternative Topping Ideas
- Peanuts & Chocolate Chips
- Sliced Almonds, Pumpkin Seeds
- Crumbled Oreos with Chocolate Drizzle
- Pistachios and Powerberries (Trader Joe’s)
- Kiwi, Pineapple, Mango, and Coconut (This one SCREAMS Summer!)
- Your favorite Breakfast Cereal