I am in no way the best baker, nor do I claim to be, but since becoming a Mom I knew that I wanted to master some really simple baked good recipes. From homemade chocolate chip cookies to from scratch biscuits, I’ve slowly been teaching myself basic recipes and altering them to my family’s tastes. This week, I tried my hand at banana bread. Going off of a very basic (and boring) banana bread recipe, I altered amounts, switched from white sugar to brown sugar, and added a delicious cinnamon sugar coating. This banana bread is seriously so moist (I hate this word) and delicious. It’s perfect for breakfast, a quick snack, or dessert!
I was seriously so happy with how this came out. Grayson has even asked for it for breakfast three days in a row now! Keep scrolling to see my recipe and to try it for yourself.
- 3-4 Ripe Bananas
- 1 1/2 C All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 C Unsalted Butter, room temperature or melted
- 1/2 C Brown Sugar
- 1 Large Egg, Beaten
- 1 TSP Vanilla Extract
- 1 TSP Baking Soda
- 1/2 TSP Baking Powder
- 1-2 Pinches of Salt
- 3-4 TBSP Cinnamon/Sugar (for Topping)
- Preheat your oven to 350°, and butter a 9×5 loaf pan
- In a large bowl, mash your bananas together–completely smooth consistency isn’t necessary!
- Sift together the Flour, Baking Soda, Baking Powder, and Salt in a Medium Sized Bowl.
- Cream together the Brown Sugar and Butter in a small bowl until just combined, add in whisked egg and Vanilla Extract.
- Add the Sugar/Butter and Dry ingredients into your bowl of mashed bananas and combine.
- Pour the mixture into your buttered pan, sprinkle liberally with your cinnamon sugar mixture, and bake for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- White Sugar can be used in place of Brown Sugar here, but Brown Sugar keeps the bread more moist.
- When mashing your bananas, you can leave decent sized chunks in the batter so that your banana bread will have a nice chew to it.
- While the Cinnamon Sugar Coating is optional, it does give the outside a nice sweet crunch.
- Feel free to add in your own toppings (think chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, nuts, etc) to make this recipe your very own!
- Serve warm with a glob of butter spread on top, for maximum delicious-ness.